First Ride Outside of the Spring, April 4

I rode Rogo in the outdoor ring today. He did quite well. He was quite exuberant and wanted to canter on his own. Several times when I asked for a bigger trot he went into a canter instead. Also, he left the ring and ran up the hill a couple of times, but by the end of our session, not too long, he was cantering around the outside of the ring, doing a nice trot and understanding turning better than the last few days. Also I think I'm getting to understand his feel as it's developing.
It was 21 C.! I couldn't keep him working too long as he still has his winter coat and it was hot and sunny.
I noticed a wart type thing between his front legs that I need to keep an eye on. I think it's been there for about 2 weeks.
He was tracking up very well in his walk and trot on the longe today. Maybe the best ever.

Comments